Yacht, Ship or Marine Industry Salesman and Business Development
- Sales / Marketing
Professional Skills as a
- Business savvy and detail oriented entrepreneur looking for sales opportunities in the marine industry.
- Driven and energetic manager open for new ventures with over 10 years in sales and 5 years in business start ups.
- Highly motivated, innovative and positive team player that is interested in a sales position.
- Hard worker, good computer skills great customer service, excellent problem solver.
- Positive manager, team player, quick learner, business intelligent.
- Business development outlook including growth and management skills and experience
Patrick Brazil Yacht Sales, Port Canaveral, Florida United States
Licensed Yacht Salesman, Jan 2015 – Present
- I am a FL licensed Yacht salesman working with mid range used boats and yachts. My broker is Boat Max USA and oversees me.
- We sell, buy and trade all size boats. Good experience learning the different information needed for recreational vessels.
- Installed new software and updated system to incorporate Yacht Closer electronic closing department and new CRM system integrated with all sales.
- Manage Port Canaveral office and lead sales team on the East Coast
That's How We Brew and Roll, Lansing, Michigan United States
Owner/manager, Mar 2011 – Oct 2014
- Launched 2 separate businesses, one is a tobacco shop and the other is a home brew supply shop in the Lansing, MI area.
- Did all start up from operating agreement, finding additional investors, filing all paperwork, build out, launch, PR, marketing, hiring, managing, quick books, board meeting as CEO and expansion into great areas of growth with new products.
- Store is now sold when we moved to Florida.
New York Life, Okemos, Michigan United States
Agent, Registered Representative, Sep 2001 – Jan 2011
- I was an Agent and Registered Representative for New York Life for over 9 years. Besides selling life insurance, I was a Registered Investment Adviser and helped clients invest with confidence in a large selection of different investment vehicles.
- Obtained over 2500 clients and managed over 30 million in assets including annuities, mutual funds, life insurance, IRA's, 403b's and long term care.
- Worked with business owners for diability, buy/sell plans, business owner’s packages, non-qualified executive planning and business succession planning.
- I left NYL to pursue the selling of several businesses that I owned and to start up more new businesses.
Sea Paradise Divers/Jack’s Diving Locker, Kona, Hawaii United States
Dive instructor/Captain, Oct 1999 – Jun 2001
- Set up dive gear for customers, brief divers on dive location and wild life, guide divers while underwater, responsible for all divers, break down and rinse dive gear and get customers safely back to shore.
- Teach students the book work, give written tests, do pool work for dive training, do open water classes for final certification both through SSI and PADI organizations.
- Captain the dive boat, safety briefing to all passengers, responsible for picking dive site and safely getting divers on and off the boat, general maintenance for the boat including the engine and dive compressor.
F/V Icy Mist, Kodiak, AK United States
Deck Hand/Cook, Sep 1996 – Sep 1999
- Operate all deck for many different fisheries including pot fishing for cod, trawling for pollack, cod and flat fish, seine net fishing for herring, long-line for halibut and salmon tendering.
- Responsible for meals, food purchasing, maintaining an orderly deck, fill fuel for up to 30,000 gallons, fish in all Alaska waters, fix items when they break, captain boat to many locations in Alaska as far away as Dutch Harbor, Unalaska.
F/V Golden Girls, Kodiak, AK United States
Skiff Man, Jun 1993 – Sep 1996
- Salmon fishing on a 38' purse seine boat as skiff man. Responsible for the 16' skiff with a Johnson 140hp outboard engine. June till mid September season.
- Repair net, fix repairs on boat, navigation and captain boat, basic diesel maintenance, unload fish and winterize skiff.
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI United States
American College, Okemos, Michigan United States
Nov 2001-Sep 2005
- Series 6,7,63 and 65
Licences and Certificates
- 100 Ton Captain's License, off shore and sailing endorsement - 02/98 – current
- Florida Yacht Salesman license #9080 – current
- TWIC card is current, expires in 3/2020
- CPR, First Aid and Defibrillator certified - 02/98 - current
- PADI and SSI Scuba Dive Instructor - 11/96 – 5/13 - now retired status
- Dale Carnegie Leadership and Management Certificates - 08/06
- Scuba Diving, Fishing, Boating, Travel, Cultural Arts, Writing, Landscaping, Photography, Sailing, Beer Brewing and Golfing
- Port Canaveral Propeller Club and Cocoa Chamber of Commerce member
- BJ Rycus - Owner Rycus Flooring 517-927-2827
- Rick Luke - Owner Luke Landscape 517-881-1753
- Diana Pringle - Partner New York Life 517-256-4496
Port Canaveral, FL,