Sea Port and Liner Shipping Business Professional
- Sales / Marketing
- An exciting and challenging opportunity in a dynamic environment where I can work with a leading and highly-professional teams, further enhance my stakeholder management and leadership skills, acquire essential business development knowledge and be valued, recognized and well-rewarded.
- Insights into the Port & Liner Shipping Business, Terminal Operations and Multimodal Transportation
- Ambitious individual with a strong work ethic, performance mindset and drive to excel
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with active listening
- Organizational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritizing and the ability to plan work activities effectively to meet deadlines
I am proud for the following achievements during my tenure with;
- APM Terminals India Private Limited, Port of Pipavav, Gujarat State, India:-
- Managed container terminal operations with annual containers handling capacity of 24,000 TEUs per annum.
- Lead the PEX (Process Excellence) Yellow Belt project, streamlined export-import containers movement and improved turnaround time by eliminating time consuming factors up to 15 %.
- Post Graduate Diploma Program in Port Management (2 Year/ Full Time/ Specialized Degree):-
- Became the first management student, selected by Maersk India Pvt. Ltd. (A.P. Moller - Maersk Group).
- Achieved distinction marks 70.30 % in the summer training & research projects done at port & container terminal.
- Bachelors Education in Mathematics:-
- Achieved distinction marks 77.28 % in the Final Year.
BENCHMARK DEVELOPMENT PLAN (BDP):-
- March 01, 2014 to December 31, 2015:-Developed a Performance Management System to receive insights into the Port & Shipping Industry, grow understanding of the international trade business and develop professional expertise. Main important subjects of BDP are...
- Container Terminal Management and Their Key Performance Indicators
- Maritime Economics and Multi-modal Transportation
- Gujarat’s Advantages in Foreign Trade and Nine Selective Sectors and Their Winning Features
- Customs Clearance Procedure and Export Import Documentation
AREAS OF INTEREST:-
- Commercial Operations / Business Development/ Sale and Marketing
THREE YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE:-
- February 25, 2011 to February 05, 2014:- Worked in APM Terminals India Private Limited (A P Moller - Maersk Group) at Gujarat Pipavav Port Limited (GPPL) as a Senior Officer in CFS.
APM TERMINALS INLAND SERVICES: PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:-
- Friday, April 5, 2013:- Participated in PEX Yellow Belt Training at APM Terminals IS Head Office, Mumbai. Worked on 2 months project entitled 'Reducing Turnaround Time of Import-Export Containers.'
- Wednesday, November 21, 2012:- Participated in Synergy Training - SAA (IS) organized at Gateway Terminals of India Pvt. Ltd. Synergy is a web based reporting system for Health, Safety, Security, Environmental & Quality (HSSEQ) issues.
- Thursday, October 11, 2012:- Participated in 5S Workplace Training organized at APM Terminals Pipavav.
- March 28 to April 8, 2011:- Participated in 12 days training program on Container Repair Management System (CRMS) organized at EMR (Equipment Maintenance & Repairs) division, Maersk India Pvt. Ltd, Panvel.
APM TERMINALS: E-LEARNING CERTIFICATE COURSES:-
- Completed the General Awareness IMDG Code e-learning course (Amendment 36-12) with a score of 95%. Course certified in accordance with DNV Standard for Certification of Learning Programmes - 3.201
- Completed APM Terminals three e-learning courses on 1) Compliance with Competition law, 2) APM Terminals Anti-Corruption Basics 3) APM Terminals Dawn Raids.
MASTER’S LEVEL EDUCATION IN MARITIME BUSINESS:-
- September 2007 to November 2009:- Post Graduate Diploma in Port Management(58.20 %) from B.K. School of Business Management, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
- PGDPM Education Support:- Training, research projects and seminars covering maritime industry knowledge, exposure to port & shipping business and personal development.
PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN AS A PART OF PORT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM:-
- August 21 to October 21, 2009:-Final Project in ABG Kandla Container Terminal Pvt. Ltd, Kandla Port Trust. Worked on project entitled ‘Container Terminal Operations & Market Potential’.
- June 19 to August 19, 2009:- Final Project in Central Warehousing Corporation, Container Freight Station; Kandla Port Trust. Worked on project entitled ‘Import & Export Operations at the Container Freight Station’.
- September 15 to October 31, 2008:-Summer Project in Mundra Port and SEZ Ltd. Worked on project entitled ‘Streamline of Coal and Steel Handling Processes’.
- APM Terminal Mumbai (GTI), Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal (NSICT), Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Kandla Port Trust, Gandhidham, Gujarat
- Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone Limited, Mundra, Gujarat
- September ‘08 to March ’09:-Associated with ‘I Global Services’ (International Call Center) Ahmedabad as a Customer Care Executive.
- March 2007:- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) in Mathematics from Bahauddin Science College; Junagadh, Saurashtra University.
- Proficient computer literacy such as Microsoft Office Package, Internet functions and well-versed with Navis SPARCS N4 - Terminal Operating System and Outlook email systems.
- Full Name : Bhavik Dipakbhai Poriya
- Date of Birth : September 12, 1986
- Gender : Male
- Nationality : Indian
- Marital status : Single
- Languages known : English, Hindi and Gujarati
- Hobbies/ Interests : Reliable Business Networking, Reading Books and Listening to Music
- I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Date: January 31, 2016