Chief Mate Any Gross Tons Upon Oceans (US and Marshall Islands), 1600 Ton Master License NC/Oceans, Nautical Institute Unlimited DP Certificate (#18055), MODU Ballast Control Operator Endorsement (US and Marshall Islands), Barge Supervisor Marshall Islands, GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (US and Marshall Islands), Radar Observer Unlimited, Kongsberg K-Chief Basic Course, Kongsberg Hydro-Acoustic Course, L3 Advanced DP Simulator Course, Vessel Security Officer/Company Security Officer Endorsement, Major Emergency Management Course, Helicopter Underwater Egress, Medical Person in Charge/First Aid Provider, Basic Safety Training, Leadership and Management, IADC Basic Well Control, IADC WellSharp Supervisor Level, Helicopter Landing Officer, Confined Space Entrant, Shipyard Competent Person
Professional Experience: Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Ulsan, Korea; West Africa, and G.O.M.
May 2015 to Present – Marine Section Leader / Chief Mate - Ocean Black Rhino
- Act as Chief Mate from 1800-0600
- Assist day Chief Mate with operations
- Supervise Dynamic Positioning Officers and Marine Crew
- In Charge of all vessel stability calculations
Sept. 2013 to April 2015 - Senior Dynamic Positioning Operator/ Second Mate - Ocean Black Rhino
- 6 Generation Drillship operating in the US GOM.
- Vessel equipped with Kongsberg K-POS DP3 system.
- In charge of all aspects of Dynamic Positioning Operations
- Ship constructed in 2013 at HHI Shipyard, Ulsan, Korea.
- Experienced with shipyard related commissioning operations and procedure.
- September 2013 to December 2014 spent in Heavy Hyundai Industries Shipyard; from early construction through sea trials of vessel.
Aug. 2012 to Sept. 2013 - Senior Dynamic Positioning Operator/ Second Mate - Ocean Confidence
- 5 Generation DP3 Semi-submersible MODU equipped with L3 ASK 5000 DP system and Nautronix RS925 Hydro-Acoustic System operating in West Africa
- In charge of all DP operations and safe navigation of vessel
- Responsible for the training of new hires and junior operators
- Completed two Rolls-Royce thruster removal and installations; responsible for new thruster calibration and software upgrade in the DP system
- Proficient in all aspects of drilling related DP operations
May 2011 to Aug. 2012 - Junior Dynamic Positioning Operator/ Second Mate - Ocean Confidence
- Responsible for all charts and publications corrections
- Responsible for maintaining GMDSS radio operators station
- Maintain bridge watch under Senior DPO and OIM standing orders
Jan. 2011 to May 2011 - Assistant Dynamic Positioning Operator/ Third Mate - Ocean Confidence
- Responsible for learning all aspects of vessel’s DP system including thruster, power management, position reference systems, hydro-acoustic
- Worked under Senior and Junior operators
Jul. 2009 to Jan. 2011 - Ballast Control Operator/ Third Mate - Ocean Confidence
- Responsible for maintaining list, trim, and draft through all phases of drilling operations
- Monitored both deck and liquid loads
- Calculated daily stability via computer program or manual written form
- Responsible for loading/offloading of all bulk and liquid cargo
- Permit to Work Administrator
Professional Experience (cont’d): Majestic America Line - Cumberland, Upper Mississippi, Ohio, and Tennessee Rivers
- Second Mate on board Steamboat Delta Queen; 285’ Paddle Wheel Steam Vessel
- Shipboard Medical Officer
- Assisting River Pilot in safe navigation of vessel
- Familiar with lock system on inland waterways
Aug. 2004 to May 2008 - Maine Maritime Academy, Castine, ME
- Bachelor of Science: Marine Transportation Operations
- Minor Concentration: Humanities and Social Sciences
- Leadership: Midshipmen 1 Class, Bravo Company Commander
- Honors: Dean’s List, Commandant’s Commendation
Sept. 2000 to Jun. 2004 - Vinalhaven High School, Vinalhaven, ME
- Salutatorian, Class of 2004
~ References Available Upon Request~