- Engineer / Naval Architect
Profile: Mechanical Engineer & Marine Engineer:
A Mechanical & Marine Engineer with more than 20 years of experience in: Mechanical Vibrations, Reliability, Rotating and Reciprocating machinery (main and auxiliary) in: Industrial, Oil & Gas, mining and marine machinery, can coordinate and manage with multidisciplinary engineering and project groups to design, conduct and supervise different engineering: Erecting, Commissioning, conceptual, preliminary and detailed processes of Marine, Oil & Gas plants, power plants, heat exchangers, Gear Boxes, Tank-pipes-pump stations, HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical fatigue, shaft vibration, Rotor dynamics, Lubrication and wear analysis, reliability, forensic also their CMM-PdM maintenance programs based on condition monitoring (CBM) & RCM reliability technologies for the plant machinery. Supervise, coordinate the improvements necessary for corrective and preventive maintenance activities from the MCA-CBM and reliability program information for plants: Balancing in Situ, alignment, Wear Analysis: UOA, WPA, NDT, welding, mechanical integrity, and thermography.
Ø Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to interact with people of all levels in order to achieve and exceed the goals planted.
Ø Responsible and proactive with clear vision of critical times and focus on identifying labors needed to be executed, controlled, coordinated or scheduled.
Ø Analytical Skills: Problem solving, technical & failure analysis, and decision skills able to research additional technical, administrative information and transmit new knowledge in order to improve engineering process and performance into schedule.
Ø Leadership, Interdisciplinary engineering projects coordinator, ISO 9002 & TPM Quality standards, manual and documentation promoter leader at: Venezuelan Navy, Ford Motor de Venezuela, Cadafe, Flamingo Paper Co, PDVSA Gas Anaco. PDVSA Punta de Mata, PDV Marina, Tecvimeca CA. Leader instructor in Mechanical vibrations at: Ford Motor de Venezuela, PDVSA Jose, PDVSA Lagunillas, Tecvimeca CA.
Ø High level of group involvement: Teamwork and supervision abilities.understanding and contributing to the creation of efficient team work. Ability to plan and manages projects with different technical fields and diverse human resources; deep experience and knowledge writing, documenting and implementing procedure and know-how instructions. Experiment workshop activities designer and coordinator in multitasking skills.
Ø Proficient computer skills: Strong experience using software applications on technical instructional materials and procedures documentation like: MS Windows, MS Office, MS Publisher, MS Project, FastTrack, Autocad, Maximo, Maintrakker, CMMS Software, SAP, vibration analysis, Caesar, Fortran, C++, Basic, FEA, balancing and monitoring software SKF, Entek, Emerson, DLI ExpertAlert, Bently Nevada System 1, Laser and dial indicator alignment software: Hamar Laser, Pruftecnik, SKF and others.
Ø Instructional material developer: Strong experience elaborating instructional material supported by researches and better practices. Achieved high impact on technical knowledge improvement.
- Design, supervise procure, construction, installation, maintenance and commissioning of pump-piping systems installations like established in API 610, 674 & 675 or other.
- Design, supervise procure, construction, installation, maintenance and commissioning of Tank-Piping systems installations like established in ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Codes or ASME piping Codes B31.3-API 579.
- Design, supervise procure, installation and commissioning of Gear Boxes, hydrodynamic bearings and rolling bearings for critical rotating and reciprocating machinery.
- Design, supervise procure, installation and commissioning compressors critical machines and on line and portable vibration monitoring equipment for like established in API 670, 616, 617.
- Process designer of rotor dynamics audits, commissioning and maintenance of: Gearboxes, turbo machinery, pumps, fans, bearings, marine propellers shafts, reciprocating machinery and structures.
- Developer and supervisor of the early and advanced stages of design of: Ships Industrial machinery, for reducing the vibration performance of final product in plants commissioning, supervise procure, installation, dial or laser alignment and strain gages, balancing and commissioning of the main or auxiliary machinery.
- Technical Support ISO Certified Training in Vibration analysis level I and III for vibration departments.
- Bilingual fluency in: Spanish and English.
- Instituto Universitario Politécnico, (IUPFAN) Caracas, Venezuela, Mechanical Engineer graduated 1987.
- Venezuelan Naval Academy Caracas Venezuela Marine Engineer graduated 1979.
- Vibration Institute, United States, Certified Vibration Proctor and Vibration Analyst level III.
ü American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
ü American Society of Lubrication and Tribology Engineers (ASLTE)
ü American Society of Materials (ASM International)
ü Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME)
Ø Tecvimeca, C.A.: Jan 2015-Present:
Technical Manager: Manage, advise, technical support the Engineering Projects and Contract Services in mechanical design, Inspection, consulting, expert witness, training, field services, applications, Reliability, commissioning, maintenance: PM, RCM, CBM, PdM, life cost cycle analysis, ASME pressure vessels and instrumentation, the company is variably focused on mechanical engineering, dynamics and vibration analysis of machinery for the industry: Oil & Gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, metallurgy & mining, power generation, automotive, food & pharmacy and marine, getting 10 % through 30 % in costs-time savings, also development and coordination of the capital budget investment program throughout the engineering company department.
Ø Diques y Astilleros Nacionales C.A. (Dianca) Nov 2011- Nov 2014
Senior Project Engineer: Mechanical & Marine Engineering: Responsible for design and construction of 25 Aluminium Fast 85 Passenger Boats project accordingly with technical standards and regulations: SNAME, ABS, Lloyd’s, DNV, BV, NKK. Design inspections, coordination in LNG-LPG-Oil tankers, general cargo, container ships, optimization analysis and procurement. Ensuring project oversighting, cost control, accounting, and documentation during design and construction. Technical operational support in Hull mechanical integrity, structural reliability, vibration programs and process optimization. Technical support-liaison on material troubleshooting and failure analysis. Technical support on acquisitions of used and new propulsion and auxiliary plants.
- Universidad Nacional Experimental de la FF.AA. January 2011- October 2014
Assistant Professor Mechanical & Marine Engineering: Machine Design, Structural analysis, Marine propulsion, Mechanical Vibrations, partial time teaching while working.
Ø Universidad Tecnologica del Centro Unitec January 2011- November 2014
Assistant Professor Mechanical Engineering: Machine design & Mechanical vibrations teaching while working.
- Tecvimeca, C.A. September 1993- September 2011:
Reliability & Rotating Equipment Engineer: Responsible in Technical support, supervising-planning existing Reliability contracts & projects and new developing programs: Design, Inspection, Consulting, training, field services, failure analysis, maintenance and instrumentation company focused on mechanical integrity engineering, rotor dynamics of machinery and vibration analysis for the industry: Oil & Gas, petrochemical, pulp & paper, metallurgy & mining, power generation, automotive, food & pharmacy; development and coordination of the budget for each project and contract to keep rentable scheduled metrics and KPI.
Field Services Mechanical Engineer: Responsible technical support implementation, manage, execution and commissioning of all the Field contract services in: Pump API 610 Construction, Condition Monitoring, Reliability, Modification, installation, maintenance in the Oil & Gas production, compression and refinery plants for PDVSA, Shell, Conoco, Texaco, Exxon, others; technologies: Vibration, balancing, alignment, WPA, UOA, NDT, FME…
- Venezuelan Navy July 1979 - July 1993:
Supervisor Marine Engineer: Reliability Engineer, Design, Field services & Maintenance
- Responsible of: Marine Turbine Diesel-Gas-Steam Turbine engineering Workshop for commercial fleet 30 ships in Puerto Cabello Venezuela: Technical support, planning, procure, design, installation, commissioning, inspection and modify existing Diesel-Gas Turbine propulsion-power generation plants and new developing projects-facilities. Supervise the execution of maintenance program: Corrective, Preventive and Reliability-CBM predictive to marine Diesels-Gas turbines, gearboxes, heat exchangers and auxiliary equipment associated in dry docking; development and coordination of the budget capital investment program.
- Responsible of: HVAC & refrigeration engineering Workshop for a commercial fleet 30 ships in Puerto Cabello Venezuela: Technical support, planning procure, design, installation and modify existing HVAC plants: Manage and supervise the execution of the corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance program to the HVAC, refrigeration, compressors, piping, heat exchangers and auxiliary equipment associated.
- Responsible of: Production and Maintenance Engineering Plant Engineering Center Workshop for commercial fleet 30 ships in Puerto Cabello Venezuela: Technical support, planning, procure, design, manage and supervise the execution of mechanical & marine engineering projects and modifications of the existing engineering plants and new ships and developing constructions. Supervise the corrective, preventive and Reliability-CBM predictive maintenance program to the marine main and auxiliary rotating machinery: Gas Turbines, steam turbines, boilers, heat exchangers, pumps, gearboxes, electric generators, switchgears, electric motors, hydrodynamic and rolling bearings, Propulsion shaft propellers & power generation, propellers, compressors, Structures, foundations, cranes, deck machinery, development and coordination of the capital budget investment program throughout the engineering company department.
- Responsible of: Predictive Maintenance Inspection and CBM-Dynamic Reliability Department for commercial fleet 30 ships in Puerto Cabello Venezuela: Technical support, planning, manage coordinate and supervise the execution of the predictive maintenance CBM programs to existing: Hulls, structures, marine main and auxiliary rotating and reciprocating machinery: Gas Turbines, steam turbines, Diesels, boilers, pumps, gearboxes, generators, switchgears, motors, hydrodynamic and rolling bearings, propellers propulsion shafts, compressors, rudders. Integration with multidisciplinary groups in the early and advanced stages of design of ship machinery and hull for reducing the vibration, improving performance of the new ships. Supervise, procure, installation and commissioning of the main propulsion machinery. Sea trials, vibration surveys prior to and after dry docking; development and coordination of the budget capital investment program.
- Design and execution CBM-RCA programs of commercial fleet to improve their availability in more than 30 %.
Responsible direct supervisor and Reliability Engineer: Design, procuring, training and execution of the main Condition monitoring, RCM, rotating equipment engineer, NDT, failure analysis and maintenance engineering services program using technologies: Vibration, , lubrication analysis, balancing, alignment, IR and wear particle analysis for the following plants:
ü Ford Motor Co. plant in Valencia 500 machines per month: Pumps, Fans, centrifugal compressors, gas engines.
ü Wood Group Gas Turbines plant in Maracaibo’s lake offshore platform for Government Oil & Gas Company PDVSA, Venezuela for 57 gas turbines per month: Ruston, Solar Saturn-Mars & GE LM 2500 driving high pressure injection pumps for artificial lift of crude oil.
ü Minera Loma de Níquel (subsidiary of Anglo American PLC) plant in Tiara, Venezuela for 400 production machines of the plant per month: Nickel Mineral ore crushers, milling, mixers, conveyors, fans, scrubbers, electric generators, pumps.
ü Aluminios de Carabobo (Alucasa) aluminum plant in Guacara plant Venezuela for 5 main aluminium sheet milling machines and 100 auxiliary machines per month: Pumps, compressors, electric generators, gears boxes.
ü Edelca Guri, for main hydraulic 600 MW power generators and 150 production machines of the plant per month: Pumps, lubrication pumps, fans, gears…
ü Commercial fleet logistic in Puerto Cabello Venezuela for 30 ships (main propulsion machinery and auxiliary)
ü Pfizer plants in Valencia, Venezuela for 200 production pharmaceutical machines of the plant per month.
ü Petroregional del Lago plant in Maracaibo’s lake for Government Oil & Gas Company PDVSA - Shell, Venezuela for 300 machines per month in an offshore platform: Solar Centaur turbines, pumps, gears, fans…
ü Petrozuata San Diego plant in San Diego de Cabrutica Venezuela for Government Oil & Gas Company PDVSA & Conoco, for 300 machines in a heavy crude oil production plant.
ü PDVSA Yagua plant in Valencia for Government Oil & Gas Company PDVSA, Venezuela for 100 centrifugal pumps that deliver fuels: Diesel, gasoline and LNG around the country states fuel distribution centers.
ü PDVSA Punta de Mata plants in oil fields: Punta de Mata, Carito and Musipan Venezuela for Government Oil & Gas Company PDVSA, for 70 Turbo and screw compressors and pumps that deliver residual compression services for underground gas injection and gas recovery compression plants.
ü PDVSA Gas Anaco Santa Rosa for turbo compressors & Motor compressor for the compression gas plants in oil fields.
ü Papeles Flamingo pulp & paper plant in Guacara plant Venezuela, for 100 production machines of the plant.
ü Polinter El Tablazo polyethylene production chemical plant in Zulia for 500 rotating machines in the plant.
ü Propilven El Tablazo polypropylene production chemical plant in Zulia for 300 rotating machines in the plant.
ü Venezolana de Cementos (formerly Cementos Caribe) 100 machines in the cement plant San Sebastian de los Reyes Guarico, Venezuela.
ü SH Fundiciones – Danaven (Dana Group) Steel Foundry 100 production machines Guacara Plant, Venezuela.
ü Vibration analysis and Design audit of the Protection and Monitoring system of the Electro Forced Draft Fan N° 1 steam turbo unit 2 Siemens 3 MW Planta Centro generation plant in Morón Venezuela for the Cadafe Co. a local government utility.
ü Hydraulic Stability and Vibration analysis of 8 Sulzer electro pumps of 10 MW for Hidrocentro local government public water utility in the pumping stations plants El Pao N° 1 & N° 2 in El Pao, Carabobo Venezuela.
ü Design Audit (hydraulic, stability and commissioning) for the Cooling-pumping station for the Ford Motor Co. plant in Valencia, Venezuela.
ü Upgrading of the vibration monitoring system for 2 Solar gas Turbines generators of Owens Illinois in Los Guayos Glass Plant, Guacara Venezuela.
ü Preliminary and detail design and construction of a Vibration laboratory for Industrial machinery: Rotating & Reciprocating machinery at the Universidad Tecnológica del Centro (UNITEC) in Guacara Carabobo, Venezuela.
ü Design of the vibration Monitoring and protection system for the 2 air conditioning water chillers plants Plaza Venezuela Station of the Metro de Caracas in Caracas, Venezuela.
ü Commissioning of the main production train Polypropylene system petrochemical plant Polinter El Tablazo Zulia
ü Commissioning of the Main machinery (100): Gears, pumps, fans and generators of the Iron Pellets plant Ferrominera del Orinoco, Matanzas, Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela.
ü Commissioning of Compression plant 3 Solar Mars 100 Gas Turbines and centrifugal tandem compressors in PDVSA San Joaquin gas compression plant Anaco Venezuela.
ü Lubrication and wear analysis of the FCC, steam & Power generation plant El Palito Oil refinery, PDVSA Puerto Cabello, Venezuela.
ü Design audit of the Protection-Monitoring system and Vibration analysis and of the steam Turbo Generator unit 3 Hitachi 440 MW of the Tacoa plant in Catia La Mar Venezuela for the Electricidad de Caracas AES subsidiary utility.
ü Vibration & Certification training for the Predictive maintenance dept. of petrochemical plant Pequiven El Tablazo Zulia Venezuela Pequiven Moron Carabobo Venezuela PDVSA El Palito and PDVSA Jose.
ü Upgrading of the instrumentation, Vibration & Certification training for the Predictive maintenance departments of the following plants: Propilven El Tablazo, Polinter El Tablazo, PDVSA Gas Anaco, PDVSA San Tome, Ferrominera del Orinoco Puerto Ordaz, Edelca Guri Puerto Ordaz, Cadafe Planta Centro Carabobo, Cadafe Trujillo.
ü Vibration certification training and technical audit of the Predictive maintenance department for the cement plants: Venezolana de Cementos (formerly Holcim) in the cement plant San Sebastian de los Reyes Guarico and Puerto Cumarebo Falcon, Venezuela.
ü Vibration certification training and technical audit of the Predictive maintenance department for the Fiat-Chrysler plants in Saltillo Mexico.
ü Supervisor Quality Control Engineer for the 115 KV line transmissions IPC-Guara Oeste for PDVSA San Tome Venezuela per ASTM A36, ASTM A-153, ASTM A-123.
ü Simulation and experimental Fracture Mechanics research for the development and testing of aluminum alloys program for ship structural design and construction of Aluminium car wheels for the Rialca Aluminum Co, Valencia.
ü Conceptual and preliminary design for construction of Cavitation tunnel for marine propellers, centrifugal pumps, hydraulic turbines, submerged flow sections for the Hydrodynamics Laboratory at the Universidad Nacional Experimental (UNEFA) in Valencia-Puerto Cabello Campus, Venezuela.
ü Design and vibration analysis audits for the Hull Structure and Diesel-Gas Turbine propulsion system: Shafts, gears and bearings of the following Ships:
- Ship supply vessel Mantarraya Global Ship Management, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Ship supply vessel Tiburon Global Ship Management, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Oil Tanker Terepaima PDV Marina, Punto Fijo, Venezuela.
- Ro-Ro Passenger Ferry San Francisco de Asís Conferrys, Puerto La Cruz.
- General Cargo vessel UAl Tycoon, Grupo Nautico, Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela.
- Hopper Dredge Guayana, Instituto de Canalizaciones, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Hopper Dredge, Instituto de Canalizaciones, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Hopper Dredge Catatumbo, Instituto de Canalizaciones, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Hopper Dredge ICOA, Instituto de Canalizaciones, Caracas, Venezuela.
10. Oceanographic Research vessel ARV “Punta Brava” BO-11 Venezuelan Navy.
11. High Speed Patrol Boat Class Constitución P-11 Venezuelan Navy.
12. Logistic Transport Class LST ARV “Capana” T-11 Venezuelan Navy.
13. Frigates Lupo Class “Mariscal Sucre” Venezuelan Navy.
14. Logistic Transport ARV “Ciudad Bolívar” T-81 Venezuelan Navy.
15. Logistic Transport Los Frailes T-91 Venezuelan Navy.
16. Coastal Patrol Vessel Class BVL Guaicamacuto Venezuelan Navy.